Wijnen Square CropsGrubbenvorst, Egchel
“We are a true family company. We work together; everyone knows each other and we’re all ready to help each other. The horticulture business was founded by my parents in 1978. Growing involves so many different aspects, such as cultivation, labour, energy, finances, and technology. You work with plants, with living material. Each year, these plants supply thirty million cucumbers, fifty million mini cucumbers, and sixty million red and yellow sweet peppers, with which we can make a great many consumers in Europe happy.
We always bear the future in mind in our company, with a sustainable future for people and the environment playing a central role. This not only means investing in a sustainable production process, but also in long-term relationships with our employees, customers and suppliers. After all, if you collaborate with others you make more progress. It’s a question of giving and receiving.”
The products we grow
- Fresh and firm Yellow bell pepper A fresh pepper with extra vitamin C
- Fresh and crunchy Cucumber Everyone’s favourite
- Crunchy and juicy Mini cucumber The ideal cucumber to eat as is
- Sweet and firm Red bell pepper Full of flavour and vitamins.
- Sweet and hardly any seeds Sweet pointed pepper Exceptionally sweet and easy to use